Homeowners Insurance policies contain a package of coverage as in the example below...
- Coverage A: Dwelling - The physical Building
- Coverage B: Seperate Structures
- Coverage C: Personal Property
- Coverage D: Loss of use
- Coverage E: Personal Property
- Coverage F: Medical Payments
There are multiple forms to write a Homeowners Policy. These forms indicate if the cause of loss "Peril" is covered or no. Pay attention to the list below, the brief description.
- HO1 – Basic Form: Only covers losses caused by specifically stated perils in the policy.
- HO2 – Broad Form: Adds covered perils to the Basic Form, but still must be specifically stated in the policy to be covered
- HO3 – Special Form: Covers all perils unless specifically excluded in the exclusion statement of your policy.
- HO4 – Renters Policy: covers personal property and personal liability up to the limits of the policy. HO4 is a broad form and must name the peril for it to be covered.
- HO5 – Enhanced Special Form: Generally, increases the coverage amounts of specified losses.
- HO6 – Condo Policy: Provides coverage for the interior of the condo, personal property, and personal liability.
- HO8 – Older Home Policy (Modified Form): Allows for coverage or large discrepancies between replacement cost and market value. Must be owner occupied.
Limited coverage: The list of items below typically have a specified limit of coverage or a homeowners policy. These limits can often be increased for additional premium.
Special Coverage: You can purchase coverage for specialty items such as:
- Fine arts
- Stamp collectables
- Coin collection
- Photograph equipment
- Musical instruments
Ready to Save Money?
Call today for your FREE quote! DBR works with top-rated carriers for all of your insurance needs. Let us shop the market to find you the best coverage at the lowest prices. What have you got to lose? That 5 minute call could save you $100's! Speak with a Live Agent now at (913) 871-3606 or get an online quote.